When training for long distance and when schedule is packed, it is disappointing to see this weather out of window.
Well, what’s my alternative to this? It’s overcast just now and I just quickly change to my running gear and leave my phone at home and went for a short run. Started raining when I did another round around the canal but everything was water resistance.
There are few options that you might want to consider.
- Running in the gym on treadmill. Not the best option but still able to run.
- Run in a sheltered area such as multiple storey carpark. I did that and one just need to keep a lookout for vehicles and no distance reading.
- Do indoor high intensity exercise to replace.
- Find a high rise building and run the stair well. For those with public housing, those stair well is better and ventilated.
- Enjoy a cup of coffee/tea.
For option 5, it might seems to be odd but it’s important to rest. There could be a purpose why you are unable to run that day, just embrace it. For during the running day, there could be 1001 reasons that you could not run then. This is just one training on that situation.